Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The BEST Cream Cheese Danish (and easiest!)


 
This is the easiest and most delicious cream cheese Danish you will ever make! I have a Christmas brunch every year and I think I’d have an uprising if I didn’t serve this Danish. Actually, I know I would. My RSVP’s rely on the fact if the Danish will be served! This is always the first to go. I think I need to make two next year so we don't feel guilty about seconds.....or thirds.  It really is soooooo delicious. Trust me, make it for your family and you’ll see.

Now I’ll be honest, I stole this recipe from my dad. That happens a lot. Why not, he’s the best baker I know. Here’s a funny fact about him.....he failed the first grade (a hundred years ago) because he stayed home to cook with his mama all the time. Isn’t that hilarious? He would fake sick in the morning and since he’s the baby he got away with it, but miraculously in an hour or so he felt better and could cook with his mom all day in the kitchen. Bless his little heart. Actually, it worked out for our family because he learned that he loved to cook early on and we got to reap the benefits of that little mama’s boy! ha-ha!

This is so easy, you’ll see. Here’s the details:

Ingredients:
8 oz cream cheese (at room temp)
2 cans of crescent rolls (I've used Pillsbury, store brand and low fat and they all work well)
1 t vanilla
1 t lemon juice
1 egg yolk
1 c sugar

Icing:
1 cup powdered sugar
1 T water (or milk – I always use milk)
1 T butter at room temperature

Spray rectangle casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray, layer with one package crescent rolls (just roll out, undivided as it comes out of can). Mix cream cheese, vanilla, lemon juice, egg yolk and sugar. Spread mixture over bottom layer of crescent rolls.
Shown: One layer of rolls on bottom with filling on top
Top with second can of crescent rolls. Brush top with egg white. That’s it! How easy is that?
Second layer of crescent rolls added
Cook for 20 min @ 350. Remove from oven and top with icing while it’s still hot so the icing melts into the Danish.
Man, this is so Delicious. Let cool for a few minutes, but serve while it's still warm. How yummy does this look?? Make this recipe now! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment