Sunday, May 20, 2012

Bite Size Apple Pies - Delish!

One thing I might love more than blueberries is apple pie! Make them individual size and I am in heaven. You can just pop these little jewels in your mouth one after another. That makes them pretty dangerous in my house! I just made these, but I don’t think I’m going to tell you how many I “sampled” to make sure they were tasty enough to serve. By the way, they WERE tasty enough to serve to my guests.

These were so easy and fun to make and even more fun to eat.....especially when they are hot fresh out of the oven. Yummy! **Caution, filling will be hot.....didn’t want you to sue me for not telling you that before you took a bite. lol**

The first time I made these I didn’t peel the apples, but it made them a little difficult to bite without the apple sliding out. This time I peeled the apples and liked it much better. They weren’t as colorful, but a lot easier to eat, which is the main point, right??

Let’s get down to the details. I know you’ll want to make these and instructions will be very helpful.

Ingredients:
1/2 c. sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 pkg. crescent rolls
3 tbsp. melted butter, divided
2 medium tart apples, each cut into 8 wedges


Directions:

In a small bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon, set aside 1 Tbsp. On a lightly floured surface, unroll the crescent roll dough. Brush with  2 Tbsp. melted butter, sprinkle with sugar mixture. I worked with half of the package at a time.


Cut each individual crescent section in half so that you’ll have 16 pieces.  Dredge each apple slice in the cinnamon sugar mixture. Then wrap one strip around each apple wedge, placing sugared side of pastry against apple.

 



Place on parchment paper lined baking sheet. Brush tops with melted butter and sprinkle with remaining sugar mixture. Bake at 425 for 13-15 minutes or until pastry is golden brown. Serve warm. Makes 16.


Great served with a scoop of ice cream on the side or some warm caramel sauce drizzled over the top. I've served them both ways and haven't had a complaint yet!
When you make these, be sure to come back and tell me how you liked them or if you made any changes.
Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. These look absolutely delicious... bookmarked as my next baking excuse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are Claire! You will LOVE them! You could also use pie crusts and cut into strips, but I think it's easier with crescent rolls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I will definitely be making these ASAP!

    ReplyDelete