Sunday, April 29, 2012

To Be Skinny or Not to be Skinny Buffalo Chicken Dip

Need a great party recipe?? I always do! This is another great find on Pinterest! Man, I have found so many delicious and easy recipes on Pinterest. If you're not using Pinterest, you should just for the recipes! Now I just need to take the time to make them all! I’m working my way through them one by one as quickly as I can. Kind of hard to diet while eating my way through Pinterest.....or  maybe it isn’t with recipes like this one. This great recipe is a low-fat version of Buffalo Dip (and Weight Watchers friendly). Of course you can fatten it up by using non low-fat versions of the sour cream and cream cheese, but I try to save calories where I can so I went with the lower fat versions. With this recipe you don’t lose a bit of flavor with the lower calorie ingredients either. It is so tasty! Want the recipe? I thought you might be, so here it is:
Ingredients:
  • 4 oz reduced fat cream cheese, room temperature 
  • 1 cup fat free sour cream
  • 1/2 cup hot sauce
  • 1/2 cup crumbled bleu cheese (I’m not a fan of bleu cheese so I omitted this. Don't tell my hubby this was an option, he loves stinky blue cheese!)
  • 1 tsp white wine vinegar
    2 cups cooked shredded chicken. I used the canned shredded chicken and it tasted great. Why cook a chicken if you don’t have to, right??

Directions: 
Mix first five ingredients together. After these are mixed well, add chicken. Pour into baking dish and cook at 350 for 45 minutes.
Serve with celery sticks or Triscuits (I love the triangle ones - they're cute too). I served with both to give my party guests options. You can also sprinkle some extra bleu cheese on top as a nice garnish. The bowl was practically licked clean!

Give this a try and let me know what you think. This is definitely a crowd pleaser!!

2 comments:

  1. It's so good Michelle! You will love it. I'm suprised we still have any left.....not for long!

    ReplyDelete