Thursday, April 26, 2012

Chicken, Tomato & Feta Bake

This is another delicious recipe to spice up your week night dinner.  Let’s just get this straight, I won’t put anything on this blog if it isn’t delicious! Okay, now that we all know that, let’s talk about this yummy chicken, tomato and feta bake. Everything is better with feta, right?? Love it! I found a chicken & feta bake in a South Beach cookbook once, but it was very boring so I decided to kick it up a notch and this is where I landed.
Ingredients
4 chicken breast (of course you can make with more or less). I used boneless and skinless to be a little healthier.
1 T lemon juice
4-6 leaves of fresh basil. If you don’t have fresh, use a teaspoon of dried or just more italian seasoning.
2 cloves minced garlic
1 t Italian seasoning
1 can diced tomatoes (I used tomatoes seasoned with basil, garlic and oregano – who doesn’t want more added flavor??). Use 2 cans if you add more chicken.
1/4 c feta
salt and pepper
1/4 c fresh parsley, chopped (reserved until the end)
Directions
Preheat oven to 350
Arrange chicken in a 13 x 9 baking dish
Drizzle chicken with the lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste
Sprinkle with Italian seasoning, garlic, basil
Spoon on can of tomatoes on top of chicken. I reserved half of the liquid. It was a bit much, but if you are serving with something like pasta or spaghetti squash, use all of the liquid and it will make a great sauce.
Cook 15 minutes, remove, sprinkle on feta, and cook remaining 15 minutes. Remove from oven and top with fresh parsley. Make sure chicken is cooked thoroughly using a meat thermometer. Looks pretty yummy, right?
I served with fresh asparagus and it was such a delicious dinner! Try it and let me know how you liked it.
More great recipes coming soon......

2 comments:

  1. The Pearson's give this dish two thumbs up! Definitely will repeat, so easy and delicious. I served over Angel hair pasta with a side of asparagus. Thanks Dawn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Dana! So glad you guys loved it and so happy you served over pasta. That broth was so good that I hated not to pour it over some noodles!

    ReplyDelete