Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Lunching at Croaker's Spot

One good thing about not having a job is that it allows me to have time to lunch with some of my besties! Today my friend, Terry, and I went to one of our all time favorite places for lunch....Croaker’s Spot. People of Richmond, if you haven’t been here.....GO! It is awesome! In addition to cupcakes, you’ll learn that I love me some fried fish too. I am a southern girl after all. Catfish is my favorite, but I’ll eat any of it and call it all catfish! Right Terry?
Today Terry and I mixed it up. We ordered each other’s favorite dishes. Don’t worry, I took pictures of both so you could really experience it with us. Croaker’s Spot is known for their fish boats. Now they claim that a 2 piece boat comes with two pieces of fried fish (let’s call it catfish), but you will find that it comes with 3 or 4. Never just two. Yet another reason we love this place. This is my go-to dish, but Terry ordered this one today. Can you believe she didn’t even toss me a piece of that fish?? Just look how yummy it looks. It's very photogenic.
I decided to get Terry’s favorite, scallops and grits, and not offer her any either. Oopps, sorry Terry.  How delicious do scallops and grits sound?? Well, if you’re thinking pretty dang delicious, then you’d be right. It comes with a gigantic serving of cheese grits and the biggest slab of sweet cornbread you’ve ever seen. BTW, the corn bread is so good it will make you want to slap someone! I refrained and didn’t slap Terry, but dang that stuff is good! And if you ask nicely, they’ll bring you out this warm honey sugary syrup to pour over it. I didn’t need it because it is plenty sweet enough, but it’s not a bad option.
As you can imagine, I’m pretty full and leaning towards a light dinner this evening. Maybe some kale chips and air!

2 comments:

  1. That looks yummy, Dawn! Will have to try it next time I go out to lunch. Tell me how you make your kale chips....I have some leftover kale from making your yummy pasta recipe ("The BEST Dinner Ever")from the other day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's exactly what I did last night Michelle. I made chips with the left overs. Here's what I did:

    rip up the kale if it's not in pieces - 1-2" squares
    arrange on cookie sheet
    drizzle with olive oil - or use olive oil cooking spray. I've done both and can't tell a difference.
    sprinkle with sea salt and I also sprinkled with garlic powder.
    cook at 350 for about 10 - 15 min. Check after 10. You want them really crispy so they might need a few more minutes.

    Then enjoy!

    ReplyDelete