Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Tangy Tomato Beef Brisket

 
I’m so excited! I made something new again! I am loving my new love of cooking and trying out new things. Cooking is so much fun and even more fun to taste. Thanks again to the Pioneer Woman for making me curious about cooking a beef brisket. Again, I was browsing through my new cookbook and happened upon her Tangy Tomato Beef Brisket. It looked so yummy and sounded super easy. Two things that get my attention right away. I’ve eaten beef brisket, but never made one. I’m so happy I ventured out into the land of beef brisket. It’s a happy place....full of tender beef and a tangy tomato sauce. Yummy, what could be wrong with that?? I’ll tell you, nothing, absolutely nothing! Are you interested in learning how to make the easiest and most tasty beef brisket ever?? I’m happy to share my secrets with you. Let’s get started:
 
Ingredients:
 
  • 1 whole Beef Brisket, trimmed Of all fat (5 to 8 pounds). Since there’s just two of us, I used a 4 pound brisket.
  • 1 bottle (24 Ounce) Ketchup Or Chili Sauce. Again, cut this in half for the smaller brisket 
  • 1 package Onion Soup Mix
 
Directions: 
Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F.

Place the brisket in an oven-safe pan. Combine the ketchup and soup mix in a bowl, and then stir it around to mix. Pour in 1 cup water and stir to combine. (You can add more water if needed!). If you are using a smaller brisket, only use half the water. Also, use a little hot sauce with the ketchup mixture to give it a little extra kick.

Pour the sauce all over the brisket, and then flip the brisket over to coat the other side. Now just cover the pan with foil and roast in the oven for 6 to 7 hours (for a 5 to 8 pound brisket). For a 4 pound brisket, I cooked it 3 hours.

Remove the pan from the oven and test the brisket to make sure it's fork-tender.  Slice the brisket into thin strips, then return the beef to the sauce and keep it warm until you're ready to serve. This is looking so delicious. I wish I had a slice to eat now.
Doesn't that look delicious?? I'll tell you....it was delicious. So easy, so tasty, no reason not to try this recipe out. Thanks to my friend, Ree Drummond, The Pioneer Woman. She knows how to cook up some beef! And now I know how to cook up some beef brisket. It's a great day at the Stewart house.....says my husband. Maybe we should move to a ranch. Okay, I'll step back for a moment and just enjoy my brisket cooking skills. I hope you enjoy them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment