Friday, February 1, 2013

Delicious Dried Apples


Want to learn how to make a tasty and healthy snack? I can teach you how to make stuff that is full of butter and sugar AND I can teach you how to make a yummy and healthy snack. The best of both worlds! My mom used to eat dried apples for a snack back in the early Weight Watcher days. I wasn’t very crazy about her freeze dried packs of them, but they’ve gotten better today. I was browsing on Pinterest the other day and found a recipe for dried apples. Who knew they were so easy to make?? I’ve never thought about making them, but they are super easy. I whipped some up today and have almost eaten them all. I started with just two apples because I wasn’t sure how they were going to turn out. We went apple pickin' and I had some apples left and wanted to put them to good use. You can use any kind of apple. See just how easy they are.....

Ingredients:
2-5 thinly sliced, and cored apples
cinnamon
cooking spray

Directions:
If you have an apple corer, then this will be much easier. I don’t have one so I sliced the apple in half, cut the core out, and sliced the apple on it's side. If you core the apple, you can slice in thin apple rings. You want to make sure you slice the apple thinly.
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and lay the apples on the sheet. I like cinnamon on my apples so I sprayed the apples with cooking spray and sprinkled with cinnamon. If you don't add cinnamon, just pop them into the oven just as they are.
Bake at 200 degrees for 2 – 3 hours. Turn apples over after one hour. Check them at 2 hours, if they aren’t crispy yet, cook a bit longer. I cooked mine for about 2.5 hours.
Now you’ve got a delicious and nutritious treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment