Monday, July 9, 2012

Freeze your own blueberries



Hi Everyone, Happy Monday! Today is my first day on my new job (yippee!) so I'll give you a simple tip that I thought was really cool. Don't worry, more awesome recipes coming, but I thought you'd like some tips too.

It's so easy to freeze your own blueberries and other fruit so you can stock up when you can get it on sale. Who knew?? I'm sure I can't be the only one out there who never discovered the art of freezing berries so I wanted to share. It's wonderful having fresh blueberries to bake with all year long. I know it seems simple, but I just wanted to post this tip that I found helpful.


Line a cookie sheet with wax paper (this makes it easy to pick them up), sprinkle the blueberries on top and place in the freezer for a couple of hours or overnight. Remove the baking sheet and place berries in a freezer bag.  If you used wax paper, you can pull up the paper and just pour them all in a baggie. Placing them on a baking sheet first keeps them from freezing in clumps. This is the perfect freezing method. I've done the same with strawberries .....just clean and cut off stem first.


I do this for all of our fruit for smoothies. So easy and helpful! Happy freezing!

No comments:

Post a Comment