Thursday, July 26, 2012

Dinner at Bistro Bobette

Yum, Yum, and Yummy! I just have to tell you about my night out with the girls from dinner club last night. This wasn’t our official monthly dinner club, it was an extra night out so that we could participate in Sampling Shockoe Bottom. We do love a reason to go out! We selected Bistro Bobette for our dining experience and we were not disappointed. We had been to this restaurant before and been pleased, but when I looked up their menu online for this special week my mouth started watering. They had me at “savory tart with goat cheese and caramelized onions”. Man, doesn’t that just sound delicious? They started off strong with that and kept it going through every course. The deal during Sampling Shockoe is that you select a dish from each category; appetizer, main course and dessert for $30. Great deal, right? As you guessed, I ordered the savory goat cheese tart for my appetizer and it was to die for! Actually, we all got the savory tart. The plates arrived and silence commenced while we all devoured it. I wish I had a piece now. Man, that was good. Check out that picture, doesn’t it look so tasty? Well, it was. Trust me……and I’ll be remaking that one at home soon!



For my next course I selected the Rainbow Trout w/ almonds and capers served with French String Beans. Now don’t get me wrong, this was really tasty, but Terry’s dish won the night. She ordered the Mixed Grill which was pork, beef aiguillette (no idea what that second word is, but it was like a tenderloin sliced), lamb sausage with polenta. Man, that beef blah blah was so good! Denise and I both tasted Terry’s and wished we had ordered it. We enjoyed ours, but Terry’s was mighty fine. Denise got the swordfish. Again, not bad, but it was no Mixed Grill. If that is on the menu when you go, order it!



To finish off the night we all were served our desserts. I had the chocolate mousse which was awesome! Very rich and creamy, as a mousse should be. Perfect size too! Terry got some kind of made up berry crème brulee’, which she enjoyed, but I did not sample. Crème brulee’ has the consistency of baby food to me so I’m not a fan. Sorry. Denise had a cherry tart and it was tasty too. I’ll have to say, we were all pleased once again with our selections. All three courses were a hit!



If you are venturing out to Sample Shockoe this week, but Bistro Bobette on your list! Heck, just put it on your list anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment