Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Easy Cinnamon Rolls

As you have learned if you are a frequent visitor to my blog, I LOVE all things cinnamon. It is my absolute favorite spice. It’s good for you too! I’ve had this recipe pinned on my Pinterest for quite sometime, but just haven’t gotten around to making it. Well, we were sitting around this evening and my husband said he was craving something with cinnamon. Well  I jumped up with excitement! I have just the thing!! I looked up this recipe quickly and got to baking. This recipe is so super simple, you don’t really need a recipe. I’ll give you one anyway because I’m so nice. If you want a quick and easy recipe, you have come to the right place! We ate up this pan of cinnamon rolls in one sitting. I’m not even kidding! We are pigs and I’m not afraid to admit it. They are so yummy, you can't eat just one. Nothing better than cinnamon rolls hot out of the oven. Well, one thing is better.....topping them with icing!  Do you want a delicious and simple recipe?? Here you go:
Ingredients for rolls:
  • 1 tube Refrigerated crescent rolls
  • 1/4 c Granulated sugar
  • 2 T cinnamon
  • Softened butter to spread on dough
Icing:
  • 1/2 c powdered sugar
  • 1 t vanilla
  • 2-3 t milk (start with 2 T and see if you need more, I didn't)
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Unroll crescent dough and separate. Spread with a thin layer of softened butter.
  • Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
  • Roll up dough as usual and bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.

  • I took it one step further and sprinkled the left over cinnamon and sugar mixture on top. You can't have too much cinnamon, right?
  • Now of course you'll want to top them with the icing:
  • Mix all ingredients together until it is your desired consistency. Use to drizzle over pastries or as a dipping icing. We did a little bit of both!
  • Drizzle the icing over these delicious treats and enjoy them while they are still warm. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment