Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Cream Cheese Pound Cake



I made mini bundt cakes this time, but I usually make one large one. Cute, right?

I just realized that in one of my first blogs I was bragging about the best pound cake recipe and promised to give it to you later and I never did. So sorry about that. Do you want to guess where I got the best pound cake recipe in the world from??? You probably guessed it right.....my Daddy.  Where else would I get it? He’s the best baker I know.  I’ve tried pound cakes with butter flavoring, sour cream, but Daddy’s pound cake with cream cheese is seriously the best pound cake you’ll ever taste! It is perfectly sweet and moist with the perfect outside crust. Make this one and you can toss your other recipes. I did. Since I realized I hadn’t blogged about this recipe yet, it gave me the perfect excuse to make a pound cake and cupcakes! I’m always looking for a reason to make or eat a cupcake! They really are the best little perfect size treats, aren’t they? Your little individual cake or piece of heaven as I like to think. I could go on and on, but I’ll give you the recipe first. Cupcakes are great, but make them out of pound cake and they are over the top delish! Here’s what you need to make the best pound cake:

Ingredients:
3 sticks margarine at room temperature (I’ve substituted for butter when it was all I had)
1 8 oz cream cheese at room temperature
6 large eggs
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups sugar
3 cups sifted flour
pinch salt

Directions:
Cream margarine, cream cheese and sugar until fluffy.
This is just the butter, cream cheese and sugar creamed


Add salt and vanilla; beat well. Add eggs one at a time. Stir in flour slowly.


Now I'm just showing off my pretty new blender. This is the final batter. The batter is quite delicious too.

Spoon batter into cupcake tins or a bundt pan. Make sure both are sprayed well. Bake at 325 degrees for 1.5 hours (for one cake).


Fill up the cupcake tins all the way. Pound cake doesn't rise as much as normal cakes and you want full size cupcakes.

This recipe also makes 2 dozen of the best cupcakes ever! If you are cooking cupcakes, bake for 28 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

If you made cupcakes, like I did, you'll want to ice those babies. This is a delicious and easy chocolate icing recipe. The Pioneer Woman taught me how to make this. She and I have such fun cooking together. Okay, here's what you need to make the icing.
Ingredients for icing:
  • 2 sticks Butter, Softened
  • 4 cups Powdered Sugar
  • 3/4 cups Cocoa Powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon Salt
  • 1/3 cup Heavy Cream (more To Taste)

    The icing batter was yummy too. I love batter!

    Directions:

      In a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, whip the butter until totally soft and smooth. Sift together the powdered sugar, cocoa, and salt, then add gradually to the mixer, scraping the sides as you go. (When combined, mixture will be very thick/crumbly.) Drizzle in cream and whip on high until smooth, scraping the sides as you go.

    Now ice those yummy treats and make them even yummier!

    Don't they look beautiful??
    How ever you choose to use this pound cake recipe, you'll be pleased. It makes a beautiful large pound cake. I like to use a bundt pan, or it makes awesome cupcakes.  Eat up and enjoy!

    Update: David want a little glaze on his personal bundt cake. Turned out pretty, right?

    No comments:

    Post a Comment