Sunday, December 16, 2012

THE BEST French Toast Casserole EVER!


How's that for a title?? Catch your eye?? If the title didn't, that yummy picture should!

I have a Christmas Brunch every year for my girlfriends and love to put on a spread. One of the yearly favorites is my French Toast Casserole. It is to die for! Now you might be thinking that you’ve had a good French Toast Casserole and don’t need this recipe, but you’d be wrong! I’ve tried many other recipes, but this one is awesome! Trust me, try it and you won’t go back to your sad little recipe ever again. It will rock your world! You make it the night before so for 12 hours it’s just bathing in goodness, waiting to be cooked, and that makes all the difference. Are you tired of me going on and on about it??? Okay, fine, here’s the recipe:
Ingredients:
1 Pepperidge Farm Cinnamon Swirl Bread (w/without raisins)
3 Tbsp light Karo syrup
1/2 lb butter
1.5 cups brown sugar
5 eggs
1.5 cups milk
1 Tablespoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt
Directions:
Combine Karo, butter, brown sugar in saucepan and melt.
Pour 1/2 of the mix in a  13 x 9 dish
Place 2 layers of bread on top
Pour the other 1/2 Karo mix on top
Beat eggs, milk, vanilla & salt in medium bowl. Pour over bread, cover & refrigerate over night.
The next morning, take casserole out of the fridge and bake  at 350 degrees for 1hour.
I know you hear me say that my recipes are awesome a lot, but seriously, this French Toast is the bomb! You'll love it!! BTW, one of my best girlfriends, Kerryanne, gave me this recipe many years ago. It's been making happy bellies ever since.
Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, tried this over the weekend - it was super-simple and extra delicious! Leftovers, should you have any, are just as delicious the next day too! Thanks for inspiring me to try this, Dawn - you're the bomb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy you made it and enjoy it Betsy! This is one of my favs and so easy!!

    ReplyDelete