Tuesday, December 18, 2012

New School Sausage Balls

Okay, this is another one of those recipes where you think.....got it, already make it, don’t need it. Well, if you’re thinking that, you’d be wrong. You’ve most likely had the sausage balls made the old fashion way, with raw sausage, tons of Bisquick, water and cheese. Well, this has most of the same ingredients, but you cook the sausage first! I know, I was skeptical at first because that’s not the way I’ve made sausage balls all my life, but my cousin, Lori, showed me the light and I’ve been making them this way ever since. I hate to admit it, but Lori was right. They are so much tastier. Plus you can really adjust the amount of Bisquick to make them cheesier.  The more cheese the better is our motto around here! Okay, here’s what you do for new school sausage balls.
Ingredients:
One pound of sausage. I like to use hot to give it a little kick.
4 cups of grated cheddar cheese
10 – 20 ounces of Bisquick
Directions:
Cook sausage until done, do not drain. I know, you are thinking ICK, but it’s okay, just add the cheese and melt it on top of the sausage, grease and all! You’ll be fine. It’s just a little bit. You won’t die. Trust me. Remove from heat when you add the cheese. Stir cheese in until melted.
Now add the Bisquick a little at a time. I probably never use more than 2 cups of Bisquick because I like them really cheesy.
Bake at 375 for 12 – 15 minutes.
These are the tastiest little morsels you will put in your mouth. Bake Christmas morning and everyone will love you!

6 comments:

  1. These really are nummy! I enjoyed my three very much. and I thought they were much moister than the usual ones. Is "moister" a word??

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will accept "moister" on this blog! Glad you enjoyed them. I love them, obvioulsy.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roughly how many does this make?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think one recipe made about 25-30, depending on how large you make them. I always go a little larger so I like to double the recipe. I don't want to run out! I'll have to pay attention next time and post how many it makes. Hope you like them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh - that's perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. HUGE HIT! Thanks, Dawn! :) Oh - and it made 30 - two sheets of 15.

    ReplyDelete