Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Parmesan Roasted Potatoes


Who doesn't love potatoes?? Something is definitely wrong with you if you don't love a good potato! A perfectly cooked and salted baked potato with a steak, or mashed potatoes.....delish! Well, I know we all try not to eat as many potatoes these days, but I think once in a while is okay. Trust me, would I lie to you?? I don't like to serve them the same way all of the time so I was really excited when I found this recipe. I actually can't remember if one of my friends on the Food Network told me about this one or my favorite site for recipes, allrecipes.com. Let's just call it my recipe, shall we??

These turned out really nice and were so flavorful. A great addition to any meal. Oh, and super simple. Here's what you need to get started....

  • 9-10 small baby Dutch yellow potatoes or little new potatoes
  • 3-4 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • Garlic powder, to taste
  • Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
  • Fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Boil a large pot of water and boil the potatoes for 4-5 minutes. Remove from water and let cool. Or you can steam in the microwave, which is what I did. Once cooled, slice into quarters and combine with olive oil, garlic powder, sea salt and black pepper as well as the Parmesan. Mix thoroughly and place in a baking dish that has been sprayed with olive oil cooking spray.
Place into the oven and roast for 20-25 minutes. Remove from the oven and taste, season with sea salt, cracked pepper, or garlic powder if needed.
 Garnish with fresh chopped parsley. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment