Thursday, September 20, 2012

Pillow Butter Mints


Okay, now I know I've gone off the deep end.....I made BUTTER MINTS!! Yes, you heard me correctly.....I didn't buy them, I made them! Is that crazy or what? I still can't believe I made them, but it was super simple and they were melt in your mouth delicious! I will be making these for my next party, or just the next time I'm bored. Do you want to know how to make them too?? I'll bet you do, so here you go....

1 box  10x sugar
5 T butter, softened
2 T heavy cream or half and half
2 t mint extract
1 drop of food coloring (optional)
Combine all ingredients with a mixer or food processor. I used my stand mixer. Blend until dough comes together and forms a smooth ball.
Break off a golf ball size (or slightly larger) section of the dough and roll into long thin roll (as shown).
Slice into 1/2 inch pillow mints. Isn’t that cool? Now they look like the ones you get in restaurants or in a bag at the store, but you actually made them! How cool is that??
Dry for several hours at room temperature. Store in airtight container in the refrigerator, or freezer for up to 3 months, with wax paper separating the layers.
Makes about 100 pillow mints. I shared these with several girlfriends and everyone agreed they were a little bite of heaven. Melt in your mouth delicious!
Use the food coloring if you want to make for baby showers or other fun occassions. I left mine white, you know, all natural and organic for me. :-)
Enjoy!!

2 comments: