Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Super Simple Stuffed Mushrooms




These are always a party pleaser and you couldn’t make up an easier recipe. Don't you just want to reach into the computer screen and grab one now?? I do!! What’s easier than a recipe with three ingredients?? Nothing! Don’t be fooled though, just because this is so simple doesn’t mean it isn’t delicious. These are always the first to disappear at my parties. They really are the best stuffed mushrooms I've ever tasted. I got this recipe from my friend, Jen. Thanks Jen!
Ingredients:
1 pound sausage – I like to use hot for more flavor
1 (8 oz) block of cream cheese
2 lbs fresh mushrooms

Brown the sausage in a skillet. After it has browned, remove from heat and stir in cream cheese. Stir until melted. While the sausage is browning, remove stems from the mushrooms. I save the stems for another use later. They are great diced and sautéed in butter! Okay, back to the current recipe, take each mushroom and stuff with about a tablespoon+ of the mixture.
Place in a baking dish or on a cookie sheet with a rim (the juices run so don’t use a flat pan like I did once – big mistake!). Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
Of course these are best served hot out of the oven. I try to get these ready on the pan and when the guests arrive, pop them in the oven, and you’ll have delicious piping hot appetizers ready to serve your guests.
This will become one of your "go to" party foods, I promise. One of my hubby's favorites. They are so delicious....and EASY!
Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Simple enough that even I might be able to make this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely could Betsy and you'll love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And Im running from a standard users account with strict mazatapec mushroom , which I think may be the limiting factor, but Im running the cmd as the system I am currently working on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your post was very nicely written. I’ll be back in the future for sure!
    Buy mushrooms online

    ReplyDelete