Wednesday, February 12, 2014

THE Nestle' Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies






We moved to GA from VA and had hoped we would escape the snow and super cold winters. Well, that didn’t work out this year. They are using the word “catastrophic” to describe the snow and ice heading our way tonight. Well, I had to jump into action and do what I could to make sure we are ready. Run to the grocery store? No! Make sure we have enough water, milk and bread? No! Salt the driveway? No! I immediately started a pot of chicken and rice soup (recipe coming soon) and then realized we needed a dessert too. How else could we make it through the storm without snacks and desserts??  You won’t believe this, but I’ve never made Nestle Toll House Cookies! I know, I can’t believe it either. I’ve eaten plenty in my time though. We all know what I decided to make now, right? Yep, for the first time ever  I made Toll House cookies. We mostly wanted them for the cookie dough, but I did end up baking some of them. Man, that is the best cookie dough ever. They are so quick and easy too......and so delicious. I know you can find this recipe everywhere, but now you can find it on my blog too! Other sites won’t have my humorous commentary either! Let’s make some cookies:



Ingredients:

  • 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
  • 1 cup chopped nuts (optional – I didn’t add them this time)
Directions:
 

Preheat oven to 375° F.

Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts, if desired.



or you could just eat the dough like we did!


Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets. The dough is just so beautiful.....and quite tasty!

Drop a few on cookies sheets, and a few in your mouth.....just a suggestion!

Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. That is, if you can wait 2 minutes after smelling fresh chocolate chip cookies baking......we couldn't hence the numbness in the roof of my mouth where the hot chocolate chips burned it. BTW, totally worth it!

Nestle offered this option on their website, I might try it next time. Little squares of goodness sound like something I’d like to try too.




PAN COOKIE VARIATION: Grease 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan. Prepare dough as above. Spread into prepared pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack. Makes 4 dozen bars.







    No comments:

    Post a Comment