Sunday, February 2, 2014

Pizza Dip

 
Hi everyone! I’m so sorry that I’ve been gone for so long! I have a good excuse though.....well, it’s all I have right now so let’s all pretend it’s a good enough reason to have neglected my blog for 2 months! I’m so sorry! I know you’ve been dying for my blogs, wondering what I've been cooking. Your life is nothing without me. Okay, maybe I went to far, but hopefully someone has missed my blogs. :-) We moved back home to Atlanta from Richmond, VA. In case any of you were wondering, packing and moving is no fun. Not even a little bit. But lets not focus on my move, let’s get back to my blog since I’ve neglected you for so long. I promise to never let this happen again. And for a special little treat, I’m going to give you a super simple recipe for one of the best dips you’ve ever tasted. This will be your go-to dip recipe from now on. Trust me. A neighbor of ours, Maria, brought this to a party and we devoured it! She was kind enough to share the recipe with me.....a few times because I kept losing it. Thanks Maria!

 This is a tasty pizza dip. It’s so easy and you can add ingredients to really kick it up a notch. Let’s start simple first, since that’s what I promised you. Here’s what you need to make a little bit of heaven:

 Ingredients:

8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup of sour cream
1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp. garlic powder

1/2 cup pizza sauce
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese


Instructions:
 
Mix cream cheese, sour cream, pepper flakes and garlic powder together and spread on pie plate forming a bottom layer.



Top with 1/2 cup pizza sauce



And 1/2 cup of mozzarella shredded cheese to top, make sure top is covered with the cheese.



Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes.  Serve with bagel chips, triscuits or pita chips. Delish!


Could it get any easier than that?? You could also add pepperoni to a layer or add feta to the topping for more flavor. Either way you make it, you and your guests will love it! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment