Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Baked Parmesan Asparagus


This picture makes me crave steak, but the asparagus is pretty too!

I’ve noticed since the holidays that my blog lacks any nutritional value. It’s all about Nutella, cookies and cake. Not that there’s anything wrong with that! I could blog about and eat that ALL day. That actually might be my problem though. Hmmmmm.....wonder why I can’t lose weight??? Oh well, that’s a topic for another day. I doubt it’s my food choices, must be a slow metabolism. Today I am going to share an asparagus recipe! Yes, a vegetable. I know, I hope those following my blog for desserts won’t run screaming now. I need to keep mixing it up. Don’t worry, I made an awesome chocolate cake a few days ago that I’ll be blogging about soon. You will really like this method to cook asparagus. I usually steam asparagus, but this method is WAY better. It seems to make the asparagus taste like a totally different veggie than when I steam it, of course the parmesan cheese doesn’t hurt either. Okay, let’s get some nutrients in our body and start cooking:



Ingredients:


Bunch of asparagus

salt and pepper to taste

drizzle of olive oil

about 1 Tablespoon of grated parmesan cheese



Directions (this is super simple):



Preheat oven to 350 degrees. I lined my baking sheet with parchment paper the first time I made it, just in case things got messy, but you don’t have to. I’ve cook this since and didn’t like the pan and it was fine. The olive oil drizzle helps it not to stick to the pan. Arrange asparagus on cookie sheet, drizzle olive oil and toss to coat thoroughly. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and parmesan cheese and bake!




How easy is that? Cook about 10-15 minutes. If it’s the fatter asparagus you’ll need a few more minutes, but the skinny ones should be ready after 15 minutes. Ta-da! A delicious vegetable that is super simple to make and super delicious! This is the only way I cook asparagus now. I think once you try it, you'll feel the same way. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment