Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Easy Prawns


I love seafood, all kinds. Pretty much if it swims in the ocean, I’ll eat it. I love, love, LOVE seafood! Shrimp is one of my favorites, which means prawns are too. What is the difference anyway? Prawns are larger? Maybe I’ll look that up and get back to you with an answer. This is a quick and easy recipe that a friend of mine, Laura (I actually know her in person, not on TV), introduced me too. We were at a dinner party and Laura served these prawns and they were delicious! When she told me how she made them, I knew I had to give it a try it. I love a simple recipe that is also full of flavor. This recipe is  so easy and it looks like you went through a lot of trouble to make a fancy meal. There is a secret ingredient though.....get ready for it.....beer! I think that’s a secret ingredient in a lot of recipes. Ready to learn Laura’s secret?? Oh, and don’t tell her I told y’all her secret recipe. Here’s what you need to get started......
Ingredients:
Prawns – whatever quantity suits your needs
salt and pepper to taste
basil, thyme and/or fresh parsley
4 cloves garlic
1 beer
4-5 T butter
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Directions:
Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and leave enough to cover the top with the same sheet, so pull off double the amount you need. This method prevents the liquid leaking out. Lay the prawns out on the baking sheet in rows, sprinkle with salt and pepper, garlic, our in beer, lay a few pats of butter on top, sprinkle with red pepper flakes. If you have a few fresh herbs, throw them in too. Normally I would have used parsley, but I was out so I used some fresh thyme and basil. To spice it up, you can sprinkle in a few red pepper flakes.
Cover with top layer of aluminum foil and bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes. Check the prawns and make sure they beautiful bright pink. If they aren’t, pop them back in for a few minutes until they are as pretty as the picture below. Don’t they look yummy??
If you have fresh parsley, sprinkle a bit on for garnish. It makes everything prettier. Scoop out prawns, serve and enjoy immensely!  Thanks Laura!

No comments:

Post a Comment