Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Kale Chips

Okay, I’m not a health freak, but I love me some kale chips! They are so good and so good for you. Kale seems to be very popular right now and I had to see what all the rage was and make some for myself and we inhaled them. It’s just like a healthy potato chip.....you can’t eat just one.  They are crunchy and salty and full of flavor AND nutrition. You can’t go wrong with these. Your kids will even love them. I don’t have kids so I can’t really swear to that, but I know people that have kids and they say they love them. They wouldn’t lie about something as important as kale chips! These are so easy and delicious, you should give them a try. I’ll teach you how:
Ingredients:
I bunch of kale, torn into small pieces, away from stem
1 Tablespoon olive oil or olive oil spray
Sea salt
Garlic powder (optional)
Directions:
Wash kale and cut into bite size pieces, disposing of the stems.  Spray a cookie sheet (I used olive oil cooking spray) and lay pieces on cookie sheet.
Either drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat evenly or spray with olive oil cooking spray. Sprinkle with sea salt and garlic salt if you want a little more flavor. I made a batch of each.
Bake at 350 for 10 – 15 minutes. Be sure to check on it after 10 minutes to make sure edges don’t burn. Let cool for a few minutes, they get crispier as they cool, and enjoy! A easy, healthy snack!

No comments:

Post a Comment