Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Cinnamon Sticky Buns


These are WAY better than regular sticky buns. They are like sticky buns on steroids! They are so delicious. If you are a fan of cinnamon like me, then you’ll be a fan of these delicious little treats. One of my blog readers, Nia, loves cinnamon and has fallen in love with the Easy Cinnamon Rolls, but  maybe her mom will make these for her and she’ll really be in heaven! Kelly, pay attention. :-)
 
I made the Easy cinnamon rolls for my husband and I a couple of times, but had a thought one day that I could combine them with my Dad’s sticky bun recipe. Why not have the best of both worlds, right?? Plus, I love when I can share a recipe with my Dad instead of me stealing all of his. This is a compromise, half mine, half his, and totally delicious! Let’s get started with the basic easy cinnamon roll recipe:
 
Ingredients:
 
  • 1 tube Refrigerated crescent rolls or the cool new dough sheet of crescent rolls.
  • 1/4 c Granulated sugar
  • 2 T cinnamon
  • Softened butter to spread on dough
Directions for Cinnamon Rolls:

  • Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  • Unroll crescent dough and press seams together. Spread with a thin layer of softened butter.
    • How cool is this??? Thank you Pillsbury!
    • Combine cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle mixture on top of the butter.
  • Roll up....you can either roll them up so that you have smaller rolls but more of them, or fatter rolls but a few less. This time I went with more and rolled them up from the longer side. Next time I’m going for fatter ones!
  • Now move onto the gooey sticky bun portion. Here’s what you need for the best topping ever:
4 Tablespoons of butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup Karo pancake syrup
1/4 cup chopped pecans
  • Directions:
  • I used my iron skillet, but you can use whatever skillet works for you. Heat butter in pan, once melted add brown sugar, syrup and pecans, and stir.
  • As you can see, I could have used a smaller pan, but this worked for me. If you use a skillet, make sure it can go directly in the oven. If it can’t, use a round cake pan and pour this mixture in the bottom of the pan.
  • Take off heat, place sliced cinnamon rolls in mixture and bake for 12 - 15 minutes. Is your mouth watering yet?? Mine is. I wish I had a sticky bun right now!


  • Look how beautiful they look fresh out of the oven.  Now get ready to flip the pan upside down. Another reason a smaller pan would have worked better. I had to use my muscles!
  • Now flip and make a mess like I did!
    Now for the best part, put a few on a plate, get a fork, and dig in! Best served warm. Now just try to eat just one, I double dog dare you!
    Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment