Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Lemon Garlic Chicken Crock Pot Recipe



Who doesn’t love cooking in the crockpot?? I mean, come on people, it is so easy and everything comes out so moist and delicious. You have absolutely no excuse not to get one. Of course, now that I’ve rejoined the working world I enjoy mine more and more. Luckily I have lots of recipes already on my Pinterest so I pulled this one out the other night. BTW, two things you need to do….get a crockpot and join Pinterest! I have found so many great recipes there. It’s awesome.

As I was saying, I love a great crockpot recipe, but a super flavorful one and I am even happier. This one is really garlicky (which I love) and a little zesty too. But wait, that’s not all, it’s also really low fat. The site I found this on claims it’s only 3 Weight Watchers points per serving. Now that’s a bargain!



Ingredients:


 - 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts (I didn’t have breast so I used thighs instead. I seem to always buy those instead)
- 10 garlic cloves, finely chopped or minced
- 2 yellow onions, chopped
- 2 cups fat free, low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup lemon pepper seasoning (I cut this back by half, but do as you wish)
- 4 tbsp paprika (I also thought that was a lot so I cut it in half, but do whatever floats your boat)
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tsp lemon zest



Directions:



 Rinse the chicken and pat dry. Mix together the lemon pepper seasoning, paprika and salt. Coat the chicken with the spice mixture. Place the coated chicken in the crock pot and cover with the fat free chicken broth, garlic cloves, parsley and onions and lemon zest. 


Cook on low heat for about 3-4 hours (or until done).


I served with a little whole wheat pasta with garlic, olive oil and kale. A very delicious and healthy meal!



No comments:

Post a Comment