Sunday, November 4, 2012

Dinner at 525 at The Berry Burk


It’s been a while since I’ve blogged about one of my fabulous dinners. I usually post my pics directly to Facebook and forget to come back and blog about them. Ironically, my food pics are the reason I started this blog but got carried away with cooking as a result. Let’s get back to Dawn’s Blogalicious’ roots!

 

My dinner club tried out a new restaurant in Richmond, 525 at The Berry Burk. It is in the old Berry Burk building, across from the Carpenter Center. It is such a great space. If you live in Richmond, you know how hard it is to find a restaurant that has more than 10 tables or that will even take reservations for a party less than six.  Most of the restaurants downtown and in the Fan are very small. This one is a very large space, you’ll forget your downtown. Well, you’d forget except for the large windows surrounding you. It really was a great space. I know I don’t usually write like I’m writing a restaurant review, but if you live in Richmond, you know how hard it is to find a nice space to take a larger group. Okay, enough about the space, the food was awesome too!

 

They have lots of small plates, which made me happy because I got to sample a few things. I really loved everything I tried. I will definitely go back! I couldn’t really decide between a few plates so Amy and I decided to split a started appetizer so we could both get the scallops. They sounded awesome, and didn’t disappoint.

 

We started with the Fried Pork Pot Stickers which were yummy! Don’t you think they look yummy in their photo? I do love a pot sticker and these were crunchy which made them even better.

 

Then we moved onto to the best dish of the evening! This caught the attention of everyone at the table…..Seared Sea Scallops with Sweet Pea Lobster Risotto! What’s that you say? Scallops AND you’re going to throw lobster into my risotto??  This dish lived up to the hype. The scallops were cooked perfectly (Chef Ramsey would be proud), but the risotto was really surprising. I mean, I love risotto, but I didn’t think this one would be out of this world. It was super flavorful! You might not be attracted to a normal sweet pea risotto, but throw some lobster in there and it just because delectable! Highly recommend this dish.

 

And of course we had to finish the night with a few desserts. I went for the obvious choice, Motlen Lava Chocolate Cake. Everything you expect it to be, except they went one step farther with the nutella whip cream….delish! The other girls tried out the Crème Brulee and Bourbon & Pecan Bread Pudding. They seemed pretty happy as well.

 

Perfect evening…..a great meal shared with great friends. We’ll definitely hit this place again!

No comments:

Post a Comment