Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Apple Pecan Pie w/Caramel drizzle - so delicious!


I love apple pie! Not just any pie, only Apple pie. Don't be trying to make me eat cherry or lemon or keylime, APPLE is the only pie I like and nothing will ever come between us. If apple pie is listed on a dessert menu, especially apple crumb pie,  I'm getting it! I love the cumbly topping. Yummers! This is my dad's recipe and when I first tasted it, I knew I had died and gone to heaven. It is seriously the best apple pie you will ever taste. I'm not kidding! I have tasted many apple pies and this really is the best one. It has a lot of pecans added and the caramel sauce just puts it over the top. It is so dang delicious. I have some apples at home from a recent apple picking trip and I believe an apple pie is in my future! Are you ready to learn how to make the best apple pie on the planet?? Let's get started:

Filling:
5 sliced and peeled apples
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup chopped pecans
½ cup brown sugar (dark or light – I use light)
4 Tablespoons white sugar
4 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
1 Tablespoons cornstarch
1/3 cup caramel topping
1 deep shell pie crust
3 Tablespoons melted butter

Topping:
¾ cup all purpose flour
¾ cup chopped pecans
¼ cup sugar
6 T butter (melted)
1/3 cup caramel topping

Toss sliced apples with vanilla. In separate bowl combine pecans, sugars, cornstarch and cinnamon; add to apples and toss to coat apples. Drizzle caramel sauce over bottom of pie shell.  Pour in apple mixture. Drizzle with melted butter.

Combine flour, pecans and sugar. Pour in butter until mixture is like coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over filling.

Bake at 350 degrees for about 65 minutes or until  browned. Drizzle with caramel while still hot. Cool on wire rack.

What's better than one pie?? TWO pies!

No comments:

Post a Comment