Thursday, October 11, 2012

Mini Blueberry Turnovers

I feel like I say I love blueberries a lot, but I really do! I think my problem is that I just love food a lot! I haven't really loved blueberries this much all my life though.  I really started loving them when I started cooking with them fairly recently. They really are delicious! And good for me, right? Full of antioxidants so it's practically a healthy mini pie! I think you might lose weight if you make this recipe.
David and I were sitting around watching TV the other night and I started getting a craving for a tasty treat. I hopped around on the internet looking for a mini blueberry pie recipe and couldn't really find what I was looking for. I had crescent rolls in the fridge and blueberries in the freezer and needed to make a recipe work with that. I found enough to piece this together and I was pretty pleased at how these pies turned out. They really were delicious. I'm not kidding. David was quite pleased with his TV snack while we waited for the Amazing Race to come on.
Here's how to make Dawn's Blogalicious Mini Blueberry Turnovers.....
Ingredients
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries. I find the the frozen wild ones work the best because they are small and work better in a mini pie.
1/4 c sugar or Splenda
2 Tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 can crescent rolls
Directions
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
Prepare the crescent rolls for filling. Unroll two (keep attached) and cut in half so it is a square instead of triangle. Press two pieces together to secure.
Place a spoonful of filling in one side of the roll, fold over and press edges closed. Mine were pretty full and bursting at the seams, but I just worked with it until it was sealed.
Press a fork around edges to crease and seal. Also cut a slit in the top of each so the steam can escape. Some of them were already popping open so I didn't have to cut an additional slit.

Cook according to the crescent roll package, which should be 10 -12 minutes.  I cooked mine the full 12 minutes so that they were nicely browned.
Now you could stop here or go one step farther and make this delicious glaze to drizzle on the top. I say kick it up a notch and drizzle!
Glaze
This made a lot of glaze for 8 mini pies so I'll probably cut it in half unless I'm making a double batch.
 
3/4 cup powder sugar
1 Tablespoon lemon juice

 
That’s it! Could that be any easier?? Mix it together well and drizzle on top of the pies.
Now all you have left to do is serve warm and enjoy! These are such delicious little pies. You won't be able to eat just one.....David and I have proven that! I hope you enjoy these as much as we did.

No comments:

Post a Comment