Thursday, September 18, 2014

Grilled Flank Steak


Excuse the greasy cutting board but I was so excited I started snapping pics!


Flank steak is a delicious yet underrated cut of meat. It's pretty inexpensive too, and when cooked right, it is full of flavor! You really can't beat the flavor of grilled meat anytime, but grilled flank is really delicious! I also like to keep it simple and not get crazy with my marinade. I start with a simple marinade of Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and minced garlic.  I'll give you the details, it's so simple.


Marinade:


About 3 Tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
salt and pepper
2 cloves minced garlic





Place flank steak in an air tight container. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, drizzle with Worcestershire sauce and add minced garlic. If you have time to leave in the refrigerator overnight, that is great, if not, try leaving it for at least an hour. I put mine in the fridge before I headed to work and the husband was in charge of lighting the grill when I got home.


Already starting to drool....

Once you are ready to get this party started, place steak on grill and cook for about 3 minutes on each side. Yes,  I know that sounds fast, but this is a really thin steak and you do NOT want it overcooked! Set your timer! Don't mess around with this.


Remove from grill and immediately cover in foil and let it rest for 5-10 minutes.





Now we are ready to carve! Doesn't it already look delicious? David was in charge of carving. Don't worry about his grubby hands touching the meat, we weren't having anyone for dinner. Just us two little piggy's ate all this meat!






The key to slicing flank is to carve against the grain and at an angle. Doesn't it look pretty? Finish carving up and you are ready to chow down. It's as simple as that!



This was one of the best steak dinners we have had in a long time. I served it with some rosemary potatoes and creamed spinach. Now that's a good meal!



No comments:

Post a Comment