Thursday, April 4, 2013

Cilantro Lime Shrimp


Are you in need of a quick and easy and flavorful meal?? Pinterest to the rescue! I love Pinterest so much. There's no way I'll ever be able to make everything I've pinned, but it's fun to work through as many recipes as possible. I've had this one pinned for a while and I couldn't wait to make it. David loves cilantro so I knew he'd love this one. I didn't think I liked cilantro too much, but I was wrong! This was really delicious in this dish and oh so flavorful! The cilantro just gives it that extra flavor punch! Cilantro plus lime equals Delish! If you have about 5-10 minutes to spare, you have time to make this awesome meal! Now let's get started:

Ingredients:
  • 2 tsp olive oil
  • 2 lb shrimp, shelled and deviened
  • 6 cloves garlic, crushed
  • 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
  • 1 lime
  • salt and pepper 

Directions:
Heat a large frying pan on medium-high heat. I like to use my iron skillet. It just makes everything better and reminds me of my parents and grand parents. Add oil to the pan, when hot add the shrimp. Season with salt and pepper. When the shrimp is cooked on one side, about 2 minutes, turn over and add garlic. I used frozen shrimp and just warmed them in the oil with garlic. Sauté another minute or two until shrimp is cooked, careful not to overcook. No one wants tough shrimp!

Sorry it's blurry, but you get the idea...saute' shrimp w/garlic.

Remove from heat. Squeeze lime juice all over shrimp and toss with cilantro. Serve hot.

I was so excited to use my new citrus juicer! It works great!
This is such a beautifully flavorful dish! And such a low calorie treat! Next time, I'm going to add another lime and a little more olive oil and serve it over pasta. The sauce this created was so fresh and tasty. It would be awesome over some angel hair pasta so a drop isn't wasted. I served it with rice so that helped collect some flavors too.  Give that a try this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment