Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Easy & Delicious Berry Cobbler



Who in their right mind doesn't love a cobbler?? Cobbler is one of the best desserts ever created. And you know what's so great about it? You can make any kind of cobbler you want. You can make peach cobbler, apple cobbler, blueberry cobbler.....okay, I think you get my Bubba Gump reference. Just use the basic batter recipe and throw in whatever fruit you'd like. We decided to go with a fruit medley.  This is the best "go to" dessert ever!


I was hanging at my beach house last weekend......okay fine, we don't really have a beach house, but we know people who do. That's all that matters right? So my girlfriend and I decided we wanted to make a cobbler with some left over fruit she had frozen. I immediately went to the Google machine and found a recipe that we altered and made our own. We are happy to share it with you below. We'll call this, Maureen and Dawn's Best Ever Berry Cobbler! I'll share our secrets with you, but don't tell anyone....


Ingredients:


4 Tablespoons butter

3/4 cup All Purpose Flour

3/4 cup sugar

1 teaspoon baking powder

1/4 teaspoon salt

3/4 cup milk

2 cups fresh or frozen fruit of your choosing. I used mixed berries with a few peaches thrown in for good measure.

1 Tablespoon sugar

 
I have to apologize in advance, I forgot to take pictures along the way, but I have some lovely shots of the finished product. This recipe is so easy, you won't need step by step photo instructions.


Directions:

First, adjust the oven rack to an  upper middle position. We want to make sure the cobbler gets crispy and delicious. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. 

Place the butter in an 8 inch square or 9 inch round pan, place in oven to melt in the pan. Once butter has melted, remove pan from oven.

Meanwhile, whisk dry ingredients (minus the 1 T sugar) in a bowl. Add milk and stir until batter is smooth. The batter will be pretty thin.  

Pour batter into dish with melted butter. Then scatter fruit on top of batter, pressing fruit down in the batter. Once finished, sprinkle the 1 T of sugar on the top. 

Bake for about 50-60 minutes, or until top is nicely browned and bubbly.



Some people might say it’s best served warm with a scoop of ice cream on top, but I’m a more of “on the side” kind of girl!  Enjoy this delicious cobbler however you’d like! Below is my preferred method. Yummy!



No comments:

Post a Comment