Thursday, November 6, 2014

One Bowl Apple Cake

The picture doesn't do it justice. I'm a bad photographer!


It’s that time of year and I love it!  Welcome Fall! It’s time to go apple picking, eating apple cider donuts along the way and possibly stumbling upon the best apple fritter you’ve ever tasted. Luckily we actually experienced all of those things a couple of weeks ago and brought home a lot of a few too many apples. I love it though because then I get to make lots of yummy apple treats. I saw this recipe somewhere on Facebook and it reminded me of the Tastefully Simple recipe for Nana’s Apple Cake. That cake is da bomb! I love a quick and easy cake recipe. I especially love it when my husband peels the apples for me. That really makes it worth while! Don’t get jealous, it doesn’t happen all the time but I sure do love it when it does. This is a one bowl cake, the title might have given that away though.

 


Let’s get started on this super simple and moist apple cake! Did I mention you just dump everything in one bowl???



Ingredients:

2 eggs
1 3/4 cups sugar
2 heaping teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 cup oil
6 medium Gala or Fuji or Honey Crisp apples (I used a mixture of several apples I had on hand from our picking trip)
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda



Directions:

Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, mix the eggs, sugar, cinnamon and oil. Peel and slice the apples thinly and add to mixture in bowl (coating as you go to keep apples from turning brown.)

 

Mix together the baking soda and flour and add to the ingredients in the bowl. Mix well until all of the flour is absorbed by the wet ingredients. 




Pour mixture into a greased one 9x13. I used my trusty large, round Pampered Chef stone dish.


Bake for approximately 55 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment